SAM Finger Splint
Acclaimed by emergency care providers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide (and even beyond the Earth, on NASA space shuttles), the SAM® SPLINT is based on an ancient construction principle: curves are strong. The reason lies in the physics of curved surfaces—the same physics that allows skyscrapers and bridges to be built of I-beams and hollow columns rather than heavy steel pillars. A flat piece of sheet metal bends easily, but if you mold it into any of several “structural curves,” it becomes much more rigid.
- Lightweight and compact
- Radiolucent (does not have to be removed for X-rays)
- Can be rolled or folded for easy storage in emergency kits/backpacks
- Fastens in place with tape or wrap.
- No extra equipment needed.
- Not affected by extreme temperatures or altitudes.
- Even works underwater!
- Closed-pore, impermeable foam surface allows easy cleaning and disinfection.
- Material is compatible with all standard cleaning solutions.
- Will not puncture