Spark-Lite (Hunter Orange)
When it comes to starting a fire, nothing touches the Spark-Lite for functionality and ease. The official fire starter of the U.S. Military, the Spark-Lite is simply the best. One should be in every backpack and emergency kit you own.
To use this simple tool, just pull a Tinder-Quik Fire Tab from the plastic case and ignite it with the Spark-Lite. Tinder-Quik is waterproof and will burn for 1-2 minutes, giving you plenty of time to get your fire started.
- Extremely light weight
- Simple to use
- Works with a variety of materials you can find outdoors such as milkweed and other fibrous materials
- Allows for easy single handed operation
- Designed to spark hundreds of times
- May be used with either the right or left hand.
Other small items can be added to the Spark-Lite to turn it into a mini survival kit. Some can fit in without removing any Tinder-Quik, other items take up more space so a piece or two may need to be removed.
Here are some ideas:
- Small blade or razor blade
- Small file
- Safety pin(s)
- Mini-light such as the Pico
In addition, duct tape and/or cord can be wrapped around the outside.