18 inch SAM Splint Junior
Acclaimed by emergency care providers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide (and even beyond the Earth, on NASA space shuttles), the SAM® SPLINT is based on an ancient construction principle: curves are strong. Old-style splints derive their strength from the materials from which they are constructed: metal, wood, plaster, etc. Unfortunately, that means that to be strong, they have to be heavy, bulky, and not easily adjustable to a wide variety of needs. The SAM® SPLINT is built from a thin core of aluminum alloy, sandwiched between two layers of closed-cell foam. Freshly unrolled from storage, the splint is extremely pliable. Bent into any of three simple curves, it becomes extremely strong and supportive for any fractured or injured limb.
- Lightweight and compact
- Radiolucent (does not have to be removed for X-rays)
- Can be rolled or folded for easy storage in emergency kits/backpacks
- Fastens in place with tape or wrap.
- No extra equipment needed.
- Not affected by extreme temperatures or altitudes.
- Even works underwater!
- Closed-pore, impermeable foam surface allows easy cleaning and disinfection.
- Material is compatible with all standard cleaning solutions.
- Will not puncture