Kestrel 3500 Delta T
To ensure safety and effectiveness when spraying, it is critical to measure relative humidity, wind speed and wind direction. Many locales regulate the maximum permitted wind speed during spraying to minimize spray drift. In hot, dry conditions, expensive chemicals may evaporate into the air rather than onto your crops. However, you can minimize costly evaporation by selecting an appropriate nozzle and increasing the spray droplet size.
The Kestrel 3500 DT incorporates a Delta T calculation, the spread between the wet bulb temperature and the dry bulb temperature (in degrees C or F). Delta T offers a quick guide to determining acceptable spraying conditions. For example, it is not recommended to apply pesticides when Delta T is above 10 — a range of 2 to 8 is ideal. With the Kestrel 3500 Delta T, the calculation is done for you accurately and simply.
The Kestrel 3500 Delta T incorporates barometric pressure correction in its wet bulb temperature calculation, ensuring accuracy even on low pressure days, at high altitudes, and in very dry weather when Delta T monitoring is important. No other pocket weather meter offers this feature with this level of accuracy.
Kestrel 3500 Delta T Features:
- Real-time clock
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Waterproof and floats
- Measure environmental conditions quickly and accurately
- Forecast weather with pressure trend indicator
- Reliable, portable and easy to use
- Innovative humidity sensor designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Thermally adjusted humidity sensor
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Quick response, external thermistor
- High precision pressure sensor
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- 5-year warranty
Kestrel 3500 Delta T Includes
- A slip-on protective cover
- Neck lanyard
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity